Tuesday, July 25, 2006

'Welcome' and 'Hello'


Welcome. This is the place I've decided to set up for myself, a place to fill with things that I want to share, things that fill my mind and dreams and days and life. Currently it's this summer: a summer I feel is mine, a summer full of green. Something about shades and hues of green, it hits me somewhere deep. Maybe because green is so often connected with life, particularly plants. Greens--light at beginnings, as sprouts, later vivacious and bold, or that evergreen persistence.

This is a very strong sign of things to come, I imagine. I begin in one place and am swept up and end somewhere entirely different. For now I merely want to say welcome, I hope we can be fantastic bosom friends. Kindred spirits. I'm off to watch "Angels in America" now. But I'll be back again soon. Enjoy this summer full of green.

No comments: