Monday, June 16, 2008

Pyrex (and friends)

I thrifted and photographed this dishware back in March and then never posted about it. I should’ve scrubbed it all and cleaned up the scuffs before photographing, but I was really eager to take pictures of pretty things. This entry is mostly for Ali.

This might be my favorite pyrex piece. Divided 1 ½ quart ovenware.

I would like this little one better if the cover wasn’t plastic, but it’s still very cute.

These next two had been split up on the Goodwill shelves, but I think might’ve belonged to the same lady at some point. A lot of what I found there had metallic blue marker on the bottom—probably initials to identify dishes for after potlucks, or maybe from a family garage sale or something like that?

Two mixing bowls, one with a handy spout for pouring.


These next few aren’t Pyrex, but I think they’re awfully pretty:

Anchor Hocking Fire King casserole dishes.

I think this one is Fire King, too. It needs to be cleaned up. I really like the glass cover.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Par, at my house we use inordinate amounts of pyrex, and we have a dish that is very similar to your divided 1 1/2 quart piece. But the lid is clear glass and the color on the outside of the dish itself is cherry-red. I'm thrilled to learn that you appreciate the beauty of pyrex too.