Friday, April 18, 2008

muxtapes

I am supposed to be annotating articles and books for a bibliography but I am about 1/3 finished and it is late and I am feeling pretty unwilling to do the rest and so I am posting here. (Don't worry, I will finish my work, I am just starting to lose steam.)

I feel like I have been talking about music a lot lately. That's not really an apology, just an observation. I have also been having a lot of really disconnected experiences (especially socially) lately and I feel like music is one area that hasn't been tumultuous. One of my friends told me about muxtape and then a bunch of my friends made profiles. I have one now, too. It's pretty fun. Like the name sounds, it's just a space to put up a mixtape online. The simplicity of it is really appealing. I have been pretty good about not being so uptight all the time, but documenting and having records and all of that is still a need I feel fairly strongly, so, to me, the only downside to muxtape is that it doesn't log your old mixes. I've only put one up so far, though, and I have decided to put the list here. These are the songs for now:
  • The Pipettes - Tell Me What You Want
  • Linda Guilala - Saber Perder
  • Las Vulpess - Me Gusta Ser Una Zorra
  • Juniper Moon - Solo Una Sonrisa
  • Dntel - Roll On (Ft. Jenny Lewis)
  • Tender Forever - Take It Off
  • The Boy Least Likely To - I Box Up All The Butterflies
  • Richa Sharma, Kailash Kher, Salim Merchant - Show Me Your Jalwa
  • Les Calamites - Malhabile
  • Mariah Carey Feat. Jay-Z - Heartbreaker
If that list strikes your fancy, you should listen to my muxtape. And tell me if there are things you think I should be listening to, as well.

Friends' muxtapes:
Tim
Vy
Chris
Kath

No comments: